Saturday, November 13, 2010

November - Monthly Painting Challenge

I recently took a photograph on the outskirts of Kemptville, Ontario, with what I thought was a not so typical day in November. We often remember the month of November with shadows of gray. But from time to time, we do enjoy a nice sunny day. Leaves mostly on the ground and plenty of textures from grass type of vegetation that will soon be flattened with all the inevitable coming snow.


However, I must say that after I started painting this scene, I became more aware of other possible November like scenes with beautiful cloudy skies and sunsets and magnificent shades of colors. I guess that may become some day another painting. In the meantime, I am getting geared up for the December monthly painting challenge!

Oil on Canvas - 12 x 15.5

4 comments:

  1. Miriam, this is a wonderful painting. Love the water and all the movement. Looks like you are a Lab lover too! We have two a Chocolate and a Black! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Will look forward to visiting more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback, Cissy. It is encouraging!

    We do love Labs. How nice to have two of them!

    Today I will be painting with my 12 year old daughter...we are experimenting with doing a painting together. It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition. It pulled me right in.

    ReplyDelete